CD release party/benefit for my mentor, Ken Greenhouse

  • yumtom02464
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2009
      I posted this earlier, but for some reason the vital information was not
      included, so let me try again.

      ******
      Join me in celebrating the release of my album "To Every Thing There Is A
      Season," a collection of arrangements and compositions written over the past 20+
      years. The concert will double as a benefit for my mentor, Ken Greenhouse,
      former chair of the Voice Department at Berklee who suffers from ALS (Lou
      Gehrig's disease). You can read more about Ken and comments from his former
      students at:

      http://alumni.berklee.edu/content.php?file=ken_greenhouse.php

      It will be held on Sunday, May 31 at 7:30 pm, at St. Paul's Episcopal Church in
      Brookline, MA (15 St. Paul Street).  The tickets are $15 ($10 for students/children). My plan is to
      send him all the proceeds from the ticket sales.

      Many of the artists who recorded for the album will be performing, including
      Boston Jazz Voices, Syncopation and Acousticity. Members of my group Vox One
      will also sing. It is not entirely a cappella (Acousticity is a guitar duo),
      but I promise it will be a good show!

      You can check out the tunes at:
      http://www.myspace.com/yumikomatsuoka (you can check out three songs in their
      full version)