NOTA is looking for two guest groups (May 9, 2009)

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2009
      Boston's None of the Above is looking for two guest groups for its
      annual a cappella bash called Spring Fev-ah!

      This coffeehouse style concert has become a local favorite over the
      years, with sell out crowds the past 3 years (despite 100 degree
      temperatures last year!). Previous guests have included the Boston
      Accent, Copley Cats, Fretless, Overboard, Similar Jones and Undertone.
      We're looking for all styles and genres of a cappella music... nothing
      is off limits! We are looking to produce a varied program that will
      appeal to a large audience. Last year the concert was taped by the
      Wellesley Cable Access channel (WCAC) and re-broadcast several times
      over the summer.

      Some concert details:

      Date: Saturday, May 9, 2008 -- 8:00pm
      (Dress rehearsal/social event on May 8)

      Location: Wellesley Hills, MA
      (Commuter rail accessible)

      Desired set length: 25-30mins (for each group)

      This year we will be partially funded by the Wellesley Cultural
      Council. Guest groups will receive a flat stipend plus a percentage of
      the after expenses profits. (Bottom line - the more people we get in
      the audience, the larger your paycheck!) Guest groups are expected to
      help promote the concert.

      You will also have the opportunity to sell CDs and/or other group
      merchandise. (You keep 100% of that)

      -------
      If interested in participating, please submit a press kit (or pointer
      to an online version or group website) including some sound clips or a
      CD for review.

      Our e-mail is noneoftheabove@...
      Deadline for submissions is Saturday, January 31, 2009.
      The lineup will be announced by Monday, February 16, 2009.

      in song,
      None of the Above
      "eclectic a cappella"