Harmony Abounds In The Merrimack Valley!

  • Michael Klein
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2008
      Hello Friends of Harmony~

      2008 BARBERSHOP HARMONY CONVENTION LOWELL, MA OCT 24 & 25

      The City of Lowell and The Gentlemen Songsters invite you to join us
      on October 24th - 26th as we make the chords of harmony ring
      throughout the city. The Hotels, Restaurants, Pubs, and especially
      the Lowell Memorial Auditorium are all eager to have you enjoy the
      city and share the music. The Barbershop Harmony Society is inviting
      all singers and music lovers to come and be part of the excitement and
      spirit that is part of our community.

      Expected to attend will be over 1200 members of the Society, their
      families, and their friends. They will travel from Massachusetts,
      Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Eastern New
      York State, and the Eastern Seaboard of Canada! While many are coming
      to reunite with old friends, and enjoy the city, some are coming to
      watch the competition as Quartets and Chorus vie for the title of
      Northeastern District Champion. The competitions will be held at the
      Lowell Memorial Auditorium.

      BARBERSHOP HARMONY CONTESTS
      On 10/24 & 10/25
      The are 3 major events:
      1. Quartet Semi Finals Friday 6pm start (should run 4 hours)
      2. Chorus Finals Saturday 11 am start (Should run 4 hours)
      3. Quartet Finals Saturday 7 pm start (Should run 3 hours
      w/show)

      Here is a link for the schedule:
      http://www.nedistrict.org/lowell/convention/schedule.htm

      Here is a link for prices:
      http://www.nedistrict.org/index.cfm?page_id=227&subpage_of=62

      Here is a link to register:
      http://www.nedistrict.org/uploads/Fall08District-
      AttendeeRegistration.doc

      RATHER VOLUNTEER THAN PAY?
      We need people to be at the doors to assure that the competitors are
      not interrupted by spectators that come and go.
      This is a great way to volunteer because you get to see a lot of the
      show (not all) for free.

      The major times that we need help are:
      FRI 10/24 4:30 - 11 pm or 7-11 pm
      SAT 10/25 9:30- 3:00pm or 12-3pm
      SAT 10/25 5:30 pm - 10pm

      If you can volunteer, please reply to this email or more ideally,
      click on the link below and complete the form,
      You will be contacted by a team leader with more instruction.
      http://www.polldaddy.com/s/3728F3858500E912/

      SO MANY CHOICES!

      Here are 2 more events that are not part of our convention, but in the
      spirit bringing music lovers to the Merrimack Valley for A Cappella
      music, we are happy to help publicize.

      ARLINGTON LIBERTY BELLES CHORUS w/ VOCAL SPECTRUM
      On Saturday 10/25 at 3pm in Westford, there will be a show with an
      award winning 100 woman chorus from Arlington, The Liberty Belles and
      one of the premier A Cappella groups in the world, Vocal Spectrum.
      These young men from the St Charles area create extraordinary sound
      and put on a terrific show for all ages.

      Click here for all necessary information:
      http://libertybellechorus.org/lbc_info/show_poster_2008_printer_friend
      ly.pdf

      AND OH YEAH, FIVE O'CLOCK SHADOW SAT 10/25/08 ~ 8PM !!!
      New Moon Coffeehouse
      16 Ashland Street
      Haverhill, MA
      For directions, click here:
      http://www.newmooncoffeehouse.org/directions.html

      Admission is $20. For advance ticket reservations please click here,
      and complete the form at the bottom of the page.

      Venue box office opens at 6:30PM.
      Doors open at 7:30.
      Show starts at 8:00. All ages welcome.

      Coffee, delicious homemade desserts, and other beverages are on sale
      before the show, and during intermission.

      Click here for more info, or call 978-459-5134. (On the day of the
      show call 978-372-5173.)

      On your way back from Haverhill, stop in at the Doubletree Hotel in
      Lowell, find one of the late night parties and do some singing with
      us.

      We hope to see you at a show soon!

      --
      Michael Klein