Tuckermans at 9 still lookin' for a soprano...

  • Mark Miller
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2008

      Tuckermans at 9 has a rare opening for a soprano… and with confirmed gigs coming up in November and December, and February and April 2009 (not to mention a possible Harmony Sweeps debut next spring), T9 has some very big shoes to fill… and fast!

      Do they fit YOUR feet?

      Tuckermans at 9 is NOT a casual, phone-it-in, fall/winter/spring, kicks ‘n giggles singing group; we ARE a semi-professional, contemporary a cappella septet (SAATTBB) that performs up to an average of once a month. (That means some months no gigs, but other months two or possibly more.) T9 rehearses once a week year ‘round in the Dover/Durham, New Hampshire, area, about 50 miles north of Boston. Most gigs are in New Hampshire and southern Maine, with occasional forays into Massachusetts. Bottom-line: we work hard, and have a blast doing it!

      You should be able to “sell” solos, as we all take turns at them, but we’re much more interested in how you blend in tight, contemporary harmony. At the same time, T9 doesn’t just sing – we entertain – so a fun and outgoing attitude is essential (and previous stage or theater experience doesn’t hurt, either!). Vocal percussion and arranging skills are helpful, but not required. To get an idea of what we sound like, visit the T9 Music page on our website: tuckermansat9.com.

      We can’t offer you gas money; you must do this mostly for the fun of a cappella. But because we’re semi-pro, after expenses we do pay something whenever possible. And there are never any dues to pay or music to buy. Your only expense is a one-time purchase of a new Shure SM-58 microphone, which is yours to keep forever and ever, amen, should you leave us someday. Speakin’ o’ which, we’re not asking for a lifetime commitment, but we do ask that you make a reasonable investment in us. Also, your age is irrelevant as long as you’re at least 21 and mature enough to hang out, laugh and work hard with a similar-minded bunch of 30- to 50-somethings.

      • Are you able to read and memorize music?

      • Are you willing to learn music between rehearsals?

      • Can you find your starting note from a single pitch pipe note?

      • Do your family, work and/or other performing commitments allow enough time for you to rehearse and perform?

      • Are you willing to help with P.A. equipment load-in/load-out?

      If so – and ya wanna know more – we’d love to meet you! (Notice we didn’t say, “audition”, even though that’s what we mean, cuz we hate ‘em, too.) Contact:

      Mark Miller

      (603) 625-5403 x113 M-F days

      (603) 749-5044 all other times; leave a message

      email voicegod@...