TUCKERMANS AT 9 BRINGS ROCKIN’ A CAPPELLA TO GARRISON PLAYERS ARTS CENTER

  • Mark Miller
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2008
      TUCKERMANS AT 9 BRINGS ROCKIN’ A CAPPELLA TO
      GARRISON PLAYERS ARTS CENTER

      A cappella group Tuckermans at 9 hits the stage
      Saturday, February 2, at 7:30pm, at the Garrison
      Players Arts Center on Route 4 in Rollinsford, New
      Hampshire. (Snow date February 9.)

      Based in the Seacoast, the seven-voice vocal band has
      entertained audiences of all ages from Boston and
      Massachusetts’ South Shore to Lewiston, Maine, and in
      New Hampshire from Portsmouth to Nashua and into the
      Lakes Region.

      Tuckermans at 9 performs well-known pop, rock, blues,
      and light jazz favorites from as far back as the
      1940s, but mostly music of the 1960s to today.
      “Audiences of all ages enjoy our shows because there’s
      literally something familiar there for everyone,”
      explains Miller. “At the same time, because we choose
      songs that are just plain good, well-written songs,
      people really get into things they don’t necessarily
      know, at least at first. We also have a lot of fun on
      stage, and it’s contagious for the audience! It’s
      really a show, not just a concert.”

      A typical T9 show features a cappella classics such as
      “The Lion Sleeps Tonight”, “Zombie Jamboree”, “Java
      Jive”, and “60-Minute Man”, but also The Beatles’
      “Blackbird”, “Still The One” by Orleans, Gloria
      Estefan’s “Turn The Beat Around”, Three Dog Night’s
      “Joy to the World”, and Norah Jones’ “Don’t Know Why”.
      In addition, the band performs original T9
      arrangements, including Linda Ronstadt’s “You’re No
      Good”, “No Matter What” by Badfinger, Boston’s “Livin’
      For You”, and “29 Ways (To My Baby’s Door)” by Marc
      Cohn of “Walkin’ in Memphis” fame.

      Tuckermans at 9 (tuckermansat9.com) at the Garrison
      Players Arts Center, Route 4, Rollinsford, NH,
      Saturday, February 2, 2008, at 7:30pm. Snow date
      February 9. Tickets $15 and available in advance at
      garrisonplayers.org or by phone: 750-4ART or
      800-838-3006. Tickets at the door are cash only – no
      credit cards – and may be sold out.