Male Collegiate Barbershop Quartet Competition

  • Michael Klein
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2007
      Hello Gentlemen Collegiate Singers (and those that know one)

      Now is the time to begin planning your participation in the Bank Of
      America Collegiate Barbershop Quartet Competition!

      Winners could receive an expense paid trip to Nashville and $1500

      The qualifying round for the Boston Area will be held on March 28th,
      Location TBD (Would your school like to host?)

      The reigning champs for the Northeast are Storrs Four (From UConn).
      To this date, there has NEVER BEEN A REPRESENTATIVE FROM A SCHOOL IN
      THE STATE OF MASSACHUSETTS, never mind the Cities of Boston or
      Cambridge.

      With all of the talent in the area, don't you agree that it is time
      to put this trend to an end? We are EXTREMELY proud of Men In Black
      (2005 Champs and Current Boston Harmony Sweeps Champs) who were from
      UHartford, and I like the guys from UCONN, but I am a Boston guy.
      The Red Sox won the World Series, the Patriots and Celtics are on
      their way (love the hype) and BC is Number 2 in the country. This is
      the year that the representative from Boston will win the
      championship!

      It is not required that all four of you be from the same school, but
      it might make rehearsing easier. It is also not required that all be
      attending college, as long as everyone is under 25.

      It is also not required that you swear you spend the rest of your
      life singing Barbershop Harmony. 2 Songs is all that is needed to
      win the competition.

      We will help with coaching, training, music, etc. You just have to
      sing.

      Here is an idea. Did you have anyone that tried out for your group
      (maybe a freshman) that didn't make the audition? Well, send him to
      us. We will work with him and send him back to you a better singer
      for next year.

      To get a sense of what Collegiate Quartets Sing Like and Look Like ~
      Check out our past champs!
      Visit Road Trip, 2007 CBQC Champion
      http://www.myspace.com/roadtripquartet
      Visit Musical Island Boys, 2006 CBQC Champion
      http://www.musicalislandboys.co.nz/
      Visit Men In Black, 2005 CBQC Champion
      http://www.meninblackquartet.com/
      Visit Vocal Spectrum, 2004 CBQC Champion and 2006 International
      Quartet Champion.
      http://www.vocalspectrum.com/
      Visit Reprise, 2001 CBQC Champion.
      http://www.reprisequartet.com/

      Check out these other great college quartets!
      Chameleon
      http://www.chameleonquartet.ca/
      Four Score
      http://www.fourscorequartet.com/
      Men-so Forte
      http://www.harmonize.com/mensoforte/Home.htm
      New Release
      http://www.newreleasequartet.com/
      The Crush
      http://www.thecrushquartet.com/

      By the way, I am only kidding about the Storrs Fours guys, they are
      awesome, and I am sure they would welcome the competition.

      Please let me know if you have any interest or questions. Even if
      you don't have 3 others, we can help you find voices to match.

      Please also let me know if you would be willing to host an
      informational meeting at your school.

      Please circulate this announcement as you see fit

      Let's Go Boston!

      Michael Klein
      Patriot Division Manager
      songstermike@...