Sounds of Concord (now in Lexington) holding auditions

  • Lee Daum
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2007
      Sounds of Concord is Eastern Mass's premier barbershop show chorus and we are looking for men who like to sing.  We are seeking men in all voice parts.  Although we are not "professional" and do not require that you read music, we do hold auditions and we do require that you demonstrate that you can "hold your own" in a quartet or an octet.

      Our traditional repertoire has been four-part music in the barbershop style, drawing on Broadway, Gospel and Spiritual, Movies, and yes, even Doo-Wop.   We are changing our focus a bit this year and will be working on some other a cappella music styles as well.  We provide low cost personal voice instruction from a professional instructor for our members.

      We have just moved our rehearsal venue to Temple Emunah, 2 Piper Road, right off Route 2, in Lexington, which is a seven minute drive from the Alewife "T" station in Cambridge.  Transportation can be provided to and from Alewife if needed, so please ask for it if you do.

      If you have thought you'd like to try a cappella singing, but didn't know whether you could do it, this is a great way to "get your feet wet".  Many people have started with our group to learn the basics, and then gone on to sing other types of music or even gone on to professional groups.

      For more information, please contact Lee Daum at 781-643-7468.

      Yours in Harmony,
      Lee Daum
      Lee Daum - President
      lee.daum@...
      35 George St.
      Arlington, MA 02476
      781-643-7468

    • Hank Turner
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 8, 2007
        Lee -

        The next time you send out an email to the a cappella community, you might mention that our (interim) director is from Men in Black.

        Hank

        Lee Daum <lee.daum@...> wrote:
[...]

        lee.daum@comcast. net
        35 George St.