Volunteers Needed For Barbershop Harmony Contest

  • Michael Klein
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2007
      There will be singing in the streets of Lowell on October 19th and 20th.
      Come join the fun.

      The Northeastern District Of The Barbershop Harmony Society is having
      it's Convention / Contest October 19th and 20th at the Lowell Memorial
      Auditorium.

      We certainly want you attend and tell everyone about this opportunity
      to see some great vocal harmony being down by groups that have worked
      hard at the craft.

      Although we think we were doing this long before them, we use the
      American Idol method. On Friday night 20 plus quartets will sing to
      earn the opportunity to sing again Saturday night. Only the top ten
      make it. Score from both nights are combined to crown the Champions, so
      no tanking it! Saturday afternoon, there is a contest for Choral groups
      which must be a minimum of 12 but there will be 2 or 3 with over 65 men.

      Though current Boston Harmony Sweeps champs are unable to compete
      again, members of that that quartet have formed a new quartet, and are
      also a driving force of the Manchester, CT chorus competing on Saturday
      afternoon.

      In addition to spectators, we need some volunteers to work the doors,
      move a few risers, and help with the logistics of the contests.
      Nothing to daunting, that's for sure.

      Imagine your group, working the doors,then at the break, singing a song,
      selling a few CD's and picking up a new gig! Best of all, you get to
      spend your time surrounded by people that love to sing and harmonize.

      One way or another, we hope that you will tell others about it, make
      the trip yourself

      If you want to register for the convention, click here:
      http://www.nedistrict.org/lowell/convention

      If you want to volunteer to help, register here:
      http://www.my3q.com/go.php?url=nedpatriot/94746

      Stay Tuned!
      Michael Klein
      Barbershop Harmony Society