DTX Auditions for Bass, Tenor, and Alto

  • rz_freedman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2007
      Downtown Crossing (DTX) is a well-established mixed 6-person Boston
      vocal band specializing in original songs and innovative, high-energy
      covers of alternative, modern rock, and R&B tunes. Four years strong,
      DTX is proud to be considered a mainstay of the dynamic Boston a
      cappella scene. Check us out at www.dtxboston.com.

      We rehearse once a week in Cambridge (T-accessible) and gig around
      town. This summer we’ll be performing regularly at Faneuil Hall and
      Harvard Square as part of their street performers series, and we’ve
      got gigs and master classes lined up for the fall.

      We’re saying a fond farewell to some our of stars, who are moving away
      for graduate school, so we’re starting the search now for (1) a
      funk-filled bass singer who can anchor the rhythm section along with
      our outstanding vocal percussionist and (2) a solid alto and a solid
      tenor to round out our treble parts. Vocal ability (including a
      rockin’ solo voice), stage presence, and a sense of humor are key.
      Arranging or song-writing experience is a plus.

      Auditions will be held by individual appointment on an ongoing basis.
      New members will have the option of transitioning in gradually over
      the summer or start in September. Please contact Reena at
      info@... or 617-848-1674 for questions or to schedule an
      audition.