Faith in Action...in action...change of concert times!!!

  • Metzger, Sharon
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2006

      TIME CHANGE!

      Due to circumstances at the recital hall, we have changed the times of our recording concerts this Saturday! Maybe the new times work better for your dinner plans ;-)

      Faith in Action is now ten years old…

      You’ve seen them at Madison Square Garden .
      You’ve seen them with Bobby McFerrin.

      Now be part of their 10-year CD. We’re recording two live concerts this Saturday!

      Saturday, September 30
      *** 6:15 pm and 8:00 pm ***
      Salem State University ’s world-class Recital Hall, Central Campus Academic Building
      (building 28 on this map --  http://www.salemstate.edu/maps/)

      Tickets available at the door:

      $12 admission (no CD included)
      $20 includes admission and a pre-ordered CD
      $7 (ages 9-18) and seniors (60+) (no CD included)

      (Please, no children under 9, so we can minimize background noise.)

      Faith in Action is a higher-powered women’s a cappella group, combining a taste of jazz with a big gospel sound. Founded in March of 1996, the ad hoc group sang the same song (Sweet Honey in the Rock's "We Are") over several months for church-related events, culminating in a performance at Madison Square Garden in August 1996 for church members from DC to Maine . Since then, FIA has performed with the Boston a cappella community (at a cappella showcases, clubs, and East Coast A Cappella Summits), in gospel concerts, for a variety of benefit events, and on WGBH-TV with Bobby McFerrin. FIA placed third at the Boston Regional Harmony Sweepstakes in 1999.

      Hope to see you there!

      Sharon

      www.fia-boston.com  (Janet Appleby, Darlene Burgess, Suzanne Clark, Toni Franklin, Maureen Ghoman, Rebecca Harrold-Dasilva, Julie Kinscheck, Jessica Lewis, Sharon Metzger, Sarah Morehead)