Faith in Action...in action...change of concert times!!!

  • Metzger, Sharon
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25 12:11 PM

      TIME CHANGE!

      Due to circumstances at the recital hall, we have changed the times of our recording concerts this Saturday! Maybe the new times work better for your dinner plans ;-)

      Faith in Action is now ten years old…

      You’ve seen them at Madison Square Garden .
      You’ve seen them with Bobby McFerrin.

      Now be part of their 10-year CD. We’re recording two live concerts this Saturday!

      Saturday, September 30
      *** 6:15 pm and 8:00 pm ***
      Salem State University ’s world-class Recital Hall, Central Campus Academic Building
      (building 28 on this map --  http://www.salemstate.edu/maps/)

      Tickets available at the door:

      $12 admission (no CD included)
      $20 includes admission and a pre-ordered CD
      $7 (ages 9-18) and seniors (60+) (no CD included)

      (Please, no children under 9, so we can minimize background noise.)

      Faith in Action is a higher-powered women’s a cappella group, combining a taste of jazz with a big gospel sound. Founded in March of 1996, the ad hoc group sang the same song (Sweet Honey in the Rock's "We Are") over several months for church-related events, culminating in a performance at Madison Square Garden in August 1996 for church members from DC to Maine . Since then, FIA has performed with the Boston a cappella community (at a cappella showcases, clubs, and East Coast A Cappella Summits), in gospel concerts, for a variety of benefit events, and on WGBH-TV with Bobby McFerrin. FIA placed third at the Boston Regional Harmony Sweepstakes in 1999.

      Hope to see you there!

      Sharon

      www.fia-boston.com  (Janet Appleby, Darlene Burgess, Suzanne Clark, Toni Franklin, Maureen Ghoman, Rebecca Harrold-Dasilva, Julie Kinscheck, Jessica Lewis, Sharon Metzger, Sarah Morehead)