Faith in Action...in action! live CD recording concerts

  • Metzger, Sharon
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2006

      Faith in Action is now ten years old, and we're regrouping with some former members to produce a long talked-about CD. We’re recording two live concerts this month!

      Saturday, September 30
      5:00 pm and 7:30 pm
      Salem State University Recital Hall, Central Campus Academic Building (building 28 on this map --  http://www.salemstate.edu/maps/)

      Tickets available at the door:

      $12 admission (no CD included)
      $20 includes admission and a pre-ordered CD
      $7 preteens, teens, seniors (no CD included)

      (Please, no children under 9, so we can minimize background noise.)

      Faith in Action is a women's a cappella band, combining gospel and jazz with a variety of musical backgrounds and intricate original arrangements. Founded in March of 1996, the ad hoc group sang the same song (Sweet Honey in the Rock's "We Are") over several months for church-related events, culminating in a performance at Madison Square Garden in August 1996 for church members from DC to Maine . Since then, FIA has performed with the Boston a cappella community (at a cappella showcases, clubs, and East Coast A Cappella Summits), in gospel concerts, for a variety of benefit events, and on WGBH-TV with Bobby McFerrin. FIA placed third at the Boston Regional Harmony Sweepstakes in 1999.

      www.fia-boston.com