Altos: When you tire of choir, you'll pine for T9

  • t9bass1
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2006
      Yeah, I know, corny, but we had to get your attention SOMEhow!

      We've had a few brave souls come sing for us... and more to
      come... but we're still looking... probably for YOU! Take a listen at
      tuckermansat9.com to see what fun you're missing.

      "Tuckermans at 9", a seven-voice, mixed, Seacoast New
      Hampshire-based, contemporary a cappella group (think a
      male/female "Rockapella") has lost its Alto 2. We're grown-ups
      with mortgages and lives but semi-pro, working on average once
      a month, rehearsing weekly year round. We don't pay much, but
      WE DO PAY. And holiday gigs are on the way...

      Writing, arranging, and/or vocal percussion skills helpful but not
      required. Rep is strictly pop, 40s to the present but mostly 60s to
      the present, including our own arrangements (check out
      tuckermansat9.com). We are NOT a classical chamber group
      and we do NOT sing "Christian" or "praise" music. We do,
      however, rock out pretty good, with tight harmonies on-mic and
      vocal percussion (yummy ballads, too!), and have an absolute
      blast doing it.

      Maybe you did the a cappella thing in college and REALLY miss
      it. Maybe you've done classical or barbershop and want to try
      something new (barbershoppers are especially encouraged, if
      you don't have that nasally barbershop sound, as emphasis on
      tight harmony and stage presence are key).

      If you can make a serious commitment... if you can read music
      and learn and memorize it both in- and outside of rehearsal... if
      you can blend well with a straight tone when you're a background
      singer but sell it when it's a solo (no wobbling vibrato divas,
      please!)... please contact Mark: voicegod@....