T9 Still Searching for Alto II

  • Mark Miller
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2006
      "Tuckermans at 9", a seven-voice, mixed, Seacoast New
      Hampshire-based, contemporary a cappella group (think
      a male/female "Rockapella") has lost its Alto 2. We're
      grown-ups with mortgages and lives but semi-pro,
      working on average once a month, rehearsing weekly
      year round. We don't pay much, but WE DO PAY. And
      holiday gigs are on the way...

      Writing, arranging and/or vocal percussion skills
      helpful but not required. Rep is strictly pop, 40s to
      the present but mostly 60s to the present, including
      our own arrangements (check out tuckermansat9.com). We
      are NOT a classical chamber group and we do NOT sing
      "Christian" or "praise" music. We do, however, rock
      out pretty good, with tight harmonies on-mic and vocal
      percussion (yummy ballads, too!), and have an absolute
      blast doing it.

      Maybe you did the a cappella thing in college and
      REALLY miss it. Maybe you've done classical or
      barbershop and want to try something new
      (barbershoppers are especially encouraged, as emphasis
      on tight harmony and stage presence is key). If you
      can make a serious commitment... if you can read music
      and learn and memorize it both in- and outside of
      rehearsal... if you can blend well with a straight
      tone when you're a background singer but sell it when
      it's a solo (no wobbling vibrato divas, please!)...
      please contact Mark: voicegod@....