Altos: Tired of choirs? Time to rock n roll!

  • t9bass1
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19 1:14 PM
      We're STILL looking! We know that tenors are rare as hen's
      teeth, but altos? Ladies...where are you? Tired of choirs? Time to
      rock n roll!

      "Tuckermans at 9", a seven-voice, mixed, contemporary a
      cappella group (think a male/female "Rockapella") has lost its
      Alto 2. We're grown-ups with mortgages and lives but semi-pro,
      working on average once a month, rehearsing weekly year
      round. We don't pay much, but WE DO PAY.

      Writing or arranging skills helpful but not required. Rep is strictly
      pop, 40s to the present but mostly 60s to the present, including
      our own arrangements (check out tuckermansat9.com). We are
      NOT a classical chamber group and we do NOT sing "Christian"
      or "praise" music. We do, however, rock out pretty good, with tight
      harmonies on-mic and vocal percussion (yummy ballads, too!),
      and have an absolute blast doing it.

      Maybe you did the a cappella thing in college and REALLY miss
      it. Maybe you've done classical or barbershop and want to try
      something new (barbershoppers are especially encouraged, as
      emphasis on tight harmony and stage presence is key). If you
      can make a serious commitment... if you can read music and
      learn and memorize it both in- and outside of rehearsal... if you
      can blend well with a straight tone when you're a background
      singer but sell it when it's a solo (no wobbling vibrato divas,
      please!)... please contact Mark: voicegod@....