RE: [borderpoint] Home at last

  • Jan S. Krogh
    Message 1 of 14 , May 26, 2006
      (Firstly I must say that I am judging solely out from how the photos appear on my screen. It would be fine if others could comment, too.)  The photos are great! Basta!  It seems for me the result would be slightly better if the photos from especially the town and country street enviroments would be enbrighted 10–30%, DSCN 2037, 38, 43, 62, 63, 64, 71, 77, 78, 79 and 80. (Among these photos there is also one close-up of a marker which seems to be a bit too dark.)  My view is that a photo needs brightening if one cannot read/watch useful information which could be "lifted up".

      Jan
      Message 2 of 14 , May 26, 2006
        Hugh, please disregard my message about brightening. I was today watching your photos on another screen and they looked completely fine.  I have just learned that it is my screen which needs a fix.  I am very sorry!

        Jan
      • Hugh Wallis
        Message 3 of 14 , May 26, 2006
          Hey - no probs - I was rather surprised but glad that you can see them OK now

          Cheers

          Hugh

          Message 4 of 14 , May 27, 2006
            Hugh,

            Beautiful pictures! Especially on your Buesingen page.
            Do you have any idea what the "other stone" might be?
            Thank you for the clarification that the post in the
            river is probably not related to the border.

            From your reports it is obvious that you put some
            mileage behind you, in a short time.
            All this for our mutual benefit! Thanks again...

            http://freepages.misc.rootsweb.com/~hughwallis/SpanishTripoints/

            http://freepages.misc.rootsweb.com/~hughwallis/Buesingen/

            http://mail.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 14 , May 27, 2006
              I, too, would like to thank you, Hugh, for your extraordinary efforts.

              The photos are great. Sure, it's a dreary day, but you captured it with
              precision. Everything is nicely visible despite the weather.

              Lowell G. McManus
              Leesville, Louisiana, USA
            • Roger McCutcheon
              Message 6 of 14 , May 27, 2006
                Is not Ernst Stavro Blofeld a ficticious villain created by Ian Fleming?
                Why would anyone else want to identify with him?
              • Hugh Wallis
                Message 7 of 14 , May 28, 2006
                  No idea on the "other stone" although I do recall seeing it mentioned on some other website somewhere but can't remember the details

                  Beautiful pictures! Especially on your Buesingen page.
                  Do you have any idea what the "other stone" might be?
                  Thank you for the clarification that the post in the
                  river is probably not related to the border.

                  From your reports it is obvious that you put some

                  http://mail.yahoo.com