RE: Qobu and Ceyildag (AZ)

  • Brendan Whyte
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2013
      I have a 1994 Iranian map (bilingual English/Farzi) of Transcaucasia showing Chelidag as an enclave, but not at  large enough scale to show or name Qobu.

      Have you tried the Soviet era 1:200,000 or 1:100,000 sheets?

      Brendan Whyte

      Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 12:47:00 +0000
      From: borderpoint@yahoogroups.com
      To: borderpoint@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [borderpoint] Digest Number 1658

      BorderPoint

      1 New Message

      Digest #1658

      Message

      Sun Nov 3, 2013 11:28 am (PST) . Posted by:

      jeff_nibert

      I hope someone can help me with a nagging vexation of mine.

      I have seen maps of Azerbaijan showing both Qobu and Çeyildağ as en/exclaves, but strangely not both on the same map. Was there a border change recently such that one was formed and the other was abolished? Or is there some kind of border dispute between Absheron and Baku?

      This link is to a map on a website provided by the Azerbaijan Ministry of Culture and Tourism: http://gomap. az/Info/bwp_ map/hpages/ index_az. htm?llz=47. 8,40,8 http://gomap. az/Info/bwp_ map/hpages/ index_az. htm?llz=47. 8,40,8 The map shows Qobu, not as an exclave, but as attached to Absheron. It also shows Çeyildağ as an en/exclave.

      But that one source should not be the end of it. I would be interested in knowing if there are any official government sources that have identified Qobu as an enclave, either in the present or in the past.

      Could someone please offer guidance?

      Jeff Nibert
      The Yahoo! Groups Product Blog