Qobu and Çeyildağ (AZ)

  • jeff_nibert
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2013
      I hope someone can help me with a nagging vexation of mine.

      I have seen maps of Azerbaijan showing both Qobu and Çeyildağ as en/exclaves, but strangely not both on the same map. Was there a border change recently such that one was formed and the other was abolished? Or is there some kind of border dispute between Absheron and Baku?

      This link is to a map on a website provided by the Azerbaijan Ministry of Culture and Tourism: http://gomap.az/Info/bwp_map/hpages/index_az.htm?llz=47.8,40,8  The map shows Qobu, not as an exclave, but as attached to Absheron.  It also shows Çeyildağ as an en/exclave.

      But that one source should not be the end of it. I would be interested in knowing if there are any official government sources that have identified Qobu as an enclave, either in the present or in the past.

      Could someone please offer guidance?

      Jeff Nibert