Llivia's neutral road

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2013

      Hi Borderfreaks,

      I was in Llivia again last weekend with a van of Catalonian researchers, who told me about a unique situation on the French neutral road from Puigcerda to Llivia. Apparently there has been some interest in building a French shopping facility at the roundabout, which is on French soil about halfway to Llivia. However, Llivia and the Catalonian regional government have put up a fight not to allow the development since the road is still considered neutral and cannot have any ‘French incursions’ on it or its easement. Apparently the issue is going to court or is currently in court (unclear to me at this time) to block any kind of commercial development along the neutral road. This is likely a reflection of the desire of Llivia and Puigcerda to monopolize commercial development in the region. Very interesting, but I need to learn more about it.

      Cheers