CGP Grey on the Canada-US Border

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 7, 2013
      http://youtu.be/qMkYlIA7mgw

      One of my favourite Internet channels, and has plenty for us border geeks and geography geeks. (Near the end of the video, he also mentions a Google Earth file he made delineating all 8000+ border markers on CAUS - I'm sure a few of us already have a similar file we made ourselves, but if you don't, there's a link to get one.

      Watch, and subscribe, there's plenty in his channel you'd like!
    • george
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 19, 2013
        --- In borderpoint@yahoogroups.com, David Kendall <dhkendall@...> wrote:

        > http://youtu.be/qMkYlIA7mgw
        >
        > One of my favourite Internet channels, and has plenty for us border geeks and geography geeks. (Near the end of the video, he also mentions a Google Earth file he made delineating all 8000+ border markers on CAUS - I'm sure a few of us already have a similar file we made ourselves, but if you don't, there's a link to get one.
        >
        > Watch, and subscribe, there's plenty in his channel you'd like!

        David, I have finally had time to start watching some of these CGP Grey videos, and they are so well done, from the standpoints of both production and content.

        Are you aware of any other similar stuff?
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 19, 2013
          On 06/19/2013, at 1:29 PM, george <geoh88@...> wrote:

          > --- In borderpoint@yahoogroups.com, David Kendall <dhkendall@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> http://youtu.be/qMkYlIA7mgw
          >>
          >> One of my favourite Internet channels, and has plenty for us border geeks and geography geeks. (Near the end of the video, he also mentions a Google Earth file he made delineating all 8000+ border markers on CAUS - I'm sure a few of us already have a similar file we made ourselves, but if you don't, there's a link to get one.
          >>
          >> Watch, and subscribe, there's plenty in his channel you'd like!
          >>

          > David, I have finally had time to start watching some of these CGP Grey videos, and they are so well done, from the standpoints of both production and content.
          >
          > Are you aware of any other similar stuff?

          Well, some other stuff I like that's of a similar vein (i.e. educational) are Vlogbrothers (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGaVdbSav8xWuFWTadK6loA), mental_floss (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpZ5qUqpW4hW4zdfuBxMSJA , which is hosted by one of the vlogbrothers), and I have been thinking about subscribing to Crash Course (http://www.youtube.com/user/crashcourse) and numberphile (http://www.youtube.com/user/numberphile), but, while these are all the same kind of "educational" as CGPGrey, none of them have anywhere near the level of geography and borders stuff that CGPGrey does (and that isn't even the main focus of CGPGrey!)
        • george
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 19, 2013
            --- In borderpoint@yahoogroups.com, David Kendall <dhkendall@...> wrote:

            > Well, some other stuff I like that's of a similar vein (i.e. educational) are Vlogbrothers (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGaVdbSav8xWuFWTadK6loA), mental_floss (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpZ5qUqpW4hW4zdfuBxMSJA , which is hosted by one of the vlogbrothers), and I have been thinking about subscribing to Crash Course (http://www.youtube.com/user/crashcourse) and numberphile (http://www.youtube.com/user/numberphile), but, while these are all the same kind of "educational" as CGPGrey, none of them have anywhere near the level of geography and borders stuff that CGPGrey does (and that isn't even the main focus of CGPGrey!)

            Thanks for the leads, David.