SV: [borderpoint] Re: Germany-Luxembourg condominium

  • Jesper Nielsen
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 27, 2013

      Vianden, the trilines etc is old school among the border community.

      Google for Vianden, condominium etc with keyword boundarypoint, there will open op at new would of information.

      You may also find the old topos showing the two binational tripoint markers.

      Jesper

      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 27, 2013
        The best way to find this information is to visit the BoundaryPoint group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/ .  That group has been inactive for six years, having been succeeded by this one, but its seven years of message archives (over 20,200 posts) are carefully preserved.  They are searchable and open to anyone.

        --- In mailto:borderpoint%40yahoogroups.com, " Jesper Nielsen " <jesper@...> wrote:

        > It's really
        a matter of viewpoint.

        > If you are looking for
        the point where three borders come together, you can
        > talk about the twin
        tripoints, but if

        > you are looking for the place where three
        countries come together it's a
        > triline.
        >

        > Also do you considder the condominium a entity of each one?
        >

        > You will also find two binational tripoints on the
        German-Luxembourg border
        > around Vianden.
        >

        > Jesper
        >
        > _____

        href="mailto:borderpoint%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:borderpoint%40yahoogroups.com [mailto:mailto:borderpoint%40yahoogroups.com] På
        > vegne af kubana2005
        > Sendt: 26. marts 2013 16:07
        mailto:borderpoint%40yahoogroups.com

        > Lowell,
        >
        > So the
        Belgium-Germany-Luxembourg don't share a tripoint, but a triline?!
        > Its a
        quite complex situation!

        > Alex
        >
        > --- In
        href="mailto:borderpoint%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:borderpoint%40yahoogroups.com <mailto:borderpoint%40yahoogroups.com> ,

        Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:29 AM
        > > To:
        productid="Dallen Timothy">Dallen Timothy ; mailto:borderpoint%40yahoogroups.com