Re: [borderpoint] 3/13/2013 1:41:37 PM

  • Hugh Wallis
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 13, 2013
      It does seem from this report that Yahoo has now plugged the hole
      that allowed some very clever mischief makers to propagate those
      annoying one-line SPAM messages.

      If you would like to learn more there is quite a good explanation at :-

      <http://www.pcworld.com/article/2026848/yahoo-plugs-hole-that-allowed-hijacking-of-email-accounts.html>

      Although the hole has now been cured, it does seem that we will be
      receiving some messages from infected computers for a while, but at
      least if anyone accidentally clicks on them, it will not propagate any further.

      Cheers

      Hugh

      On 13 March 2013 12:26, David Kendall <dhkendall@...> wrote:

      I'm thinking this may be a not-safe site. (A couple of things set off my warning bells). I would suggest that you don't click on it (unless you already have) until Daryl can confirm it's safe, and what it's about.

      On 03/13/2013, at 7:41 AM, Daryl Brown <westerndbrown@...> wrote:

      > http://www.phunsombut.com/ysbphkau/my/zrc/oy/rnfe
      >

      > 3/13/2013 1:41:37 PM .
      >

      > Daryl Brown

    • Daryl Brown
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 21, 2013
        My Yahoo account was compromised and of course the predictable result was emails being sent out to everyone in my contact list.  I apologize for any inconvenience caused to anyone on this list.

        Daryl