more border pix

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2012

    I was in Israel last month during the Gaza conflict working on some interesting border stuff…here are a couple of pictures from the Baptismal Site of Jesus. I’m on the Israeli side. There is an essentially identical tourism infrastructure on the Jordanian side just a couple of meters away.

    1)      The broken fence-looking thing and the colored post mark the border in the Jordan River. The colored marker is also a water level marker.

    2)      Another view with the fency structure in the middle of the river.

    3)      Me shivering in the cold November waters next to the border.

    Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2013

      Nice to see it from the other side! J