RE: [borderpoint] British Sovereign Bases / BFPOs

  • Joachim Duester
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2012
      In addition to "BFPO", the cancellation includes the number of the BFPO which clearly indicates from which field Post Office the mail was posted.
      You can look up the the use of these numbers - where and when they were used - in the philatelic literature. There is a wealth of philatelic literature on field post offices and their cancellations, BFPO as well as other forces. Just in order to avoid misunderstandings: BFPOs can be set up everywhere were troops need them - they do not require to be operating out of a British military base.

      Best wishes for 2013
      Joachim

      From: Dallen.Timothy@...
      Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 17:45:54 +0000

      Hi Len
      Thank you for the erudite answer, and yes, the ancillary material is very interesting and useful. I would love to have you scan the cards and send…would love
      to see the different stamps with different postmarks.
      Looking forward to seeing the scans.
      Dallen

      From: Dallen Timothy Dallen.Timothy@...

      Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 16:41:48 +0000

      To: borderpoint@yahoogroups.com

      Subject: [borderpoint] British Sovereign Bases

      Len or anyone else, do you know about the postal system on the British

      Sovereign Bases of Cyprus? Are there post offices in either sector, and

      what stamps to they use?

      Thanks

      http://www.doteasy.com

    • David Gatenby
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 29, 2012
        Joachim

        Thank you for the clarification.  I stand corrected.

        Guten Rutsch!
        David

        To: borderpoint@yahoogroups.com

        To: borderpoint@yahoogroups.com