Nevada-Utah border: two different states, two different sets of politics

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2012
      Found this article recently about the difference in politics between Nevada and Utah (the former is a closely contested state in next week's Presidential election, the latter is a foregone conclusion). The piece takes place on the "border towns" of Wendover, UT / West Wendover, NV. A few points in the piece you can see the big white stripe line on the road (with "Nevada" painted on the west side (and I assume "Utah" on the east, but I don't see it) separating the two towns.

      http://fox13now.com/2012/10/12/although-close-together-nevada-utah-a-world-apart-politically/
    • Doug Murray
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2012
        The states were marked when Google drove by in September, 2009: http://goo.gl/maps/g7YbX

        Cheers!

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2012
          Google Street View confirms that the pavement lettering says NEVADA and UTAH on each side of the stripe.  In each direction on the road, both names face the traffic, so that they can be read correctly by motorists.

          Sent: Friday, November 02, 2012 1:27 PM
          Subject: [borderpoint] Nevada-Utah border: two different states, two different sets of politics
          Found this article recently about the difference in politics between Nevada and Utah (the former is a closely contested state in next week's Presidential election, the latter is a foregone conclusion).  The piece takes place on the "border towns" of Wendover, UT / West Wendover, NV.  A few points in the piece you can see the big white stripe line on the road (with "Nevada" painted on the west side (and I assume "Utah" on the east, but I don't see it) separating the two towns.

          http://fox13now.com/2012/10/12/although-close-together-nevada-utah-a-world-apart-politically/

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              borderpoint-digest@yahoogroups.com
              borderpoint-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2012
            Doug,

            How did you know the month and year of the Google drive by?

            On 2012-11-02, at 2:16 PM, "Doug Murray" <doug@...> wrote:

            The states were marked when Google drove by in September, 2009: http://goo.gl/maps/g7YbX

            Cheers!

            --- In borderpoint@yahoogroups.com, David Kendall <dhkendall@...> wrote:

            > Found this article recently about the difference in politics between Nevada and Utah (the former is a closely contested state in next week's Presidential election, the latter is a foregone conclusion). The piece takes place on the "border towns" of Wendover, UT / West Wendover, NV. A few points in the piece you can see the big white stripe line on the road (with "Nevada" painted on the west side (and I assume "Utah" on the east, but I don't see it) separating the two towns.
            >
            > http://fox13now.com/2012/10/12/although-close-together-nevada-utah-a-world-apart-politically/

          • Artur Kroc
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 2, 2012

              David,