Austria Germany Border

  • Barry Arnold
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 5, 2011
      Spending a week in the Berchesgaden national park meant crossing the border became almost common place.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/barry_432/6461481783/map/

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/barry_432/6449056691/map/

      The 2 maps allow you to locate 2 further border crossings I travelled across - nice historical bordermarkers too.

      Being in this area provided me with the opportunity of visiting the  Salzbergwerk Dürrnberg with its 2 underground border crossings, Whilst I had seen photos of the journey from Austria to Germany:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/barry_432/6461408133/in/photostream

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/barry_432/6461405023/in/photostream/

      I had not seen the second border crossing that takes you back into Austria later on the tour:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/barry_432/6461434801/in/photostream/

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/barry_432/6461432489/in/photostream/

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/barry_432/6461427361/in/photostream/

      Notwithstanding the border interest the salt mine trip was good fun allowing you to slide down these long wooden slides

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/barry_432/6461414145/in/photostream/

      and get dressed up!!!

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/barry_432/6461385417/in/photostream/

      Glück Auf!!!

      Barry
    • Roger McCutcheon
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 6, 2011
        Barry, your links are unfortunately not clickable....  Roger.
      • Goyta' F. Villela Jr.
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 6, 2011
          > Barry, your links are unfortunately not clickable.... Roger.

          For me, they are, because my e-mail program allows one to delete the HTML part and keep only the plain text (which I always do: one message will make no difference, but when the smaller size is multiplied by tens of thousands of archived messages, the difference is considerable in backup times). Then it recognises links and makes them clickable. (I could also select the text, right-click and choose "Open URL".) One of the reasons why I never send messages in HTML except under rare circumstances.

          Regards,

          Goytá
        • Hugh Wallis
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 6, 2011
            They are for me (using Apple mail)

            Probably an artefact of the mail client being used

            On 2011-12-06, at 06:06 , Roger McCutcheon wrote:

            Barry, your links are unfortunately not clickable....  Roger.

          • Wayne Murphy
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 6, 2011

              The links worked perfectly for me.

              (Microsoft Office 2010 and Mozilla Firefox 8)

              On 2011-12-06, at 06:06 , Roger McCutcheon wrote:

              Barry, your links are unfortunately not clickable....  Roger.

              This email, including attachments, is intended only for the addressee and may be confidential, privileged and subject to copyright. If you have received this email in error, please advise the sender and delete it. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not communicate to others content that is confidential or subject to copyright, unless you have the consent of the content owner.
            • Barry Arnold
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 6, 2011

                I think it is very much to do with the mail client - if you copy and paste they do work too.

                Barry

                To: borderpoint@yahoogroups.com
                From: goytabr@...
                Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 10:14:07 -0200

                > Barry, your links are unfortunately not clickable.... Roger.

                For me, they are, because my e-mail program allows one to delete the HTML part and keep only the plain text (which I always do: one message will make no difference, but when the smaller size is multiplied by tens of thousands of archived messages, the difference is considerable in backup times). Then it recognises links and makes them clickable. (I could also select the text, right-click and choose "Open URL".) One of the reasons why I never send messages in HTML except under rare circumstances.

                Regards,

                Goytá

              • Diego González
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 12, 2011
                  Nice Pics, Barry. I'd love to cross this underground border.

                  To: borderpoint@yahoogroups.com
                  From: goytabr@...
                  Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 10:14:07 -0200

                  --