BEDELU Tripoint Visit 2011

  • Barry Arnold
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2011
      After an early start from London we arrived at the tripoint in time for a picnic breakfast - which we decided to have in Belgium. It is a lovely spot which seems to have changed from Hugh's visit in terms of the route to the bridge and the bridge itself. No national signs on the borders but local ones which I have taken photos off. You can see the set at

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/barry_432/sets/72157627199237255/

      The european memorial park has several monuments in both BE and LU as it straddles the border by a wooden bridge.

      tags and descriptions will be forthcoming depending on the demands of family etc on the holiday. A really nice tripoint visit and so much better than BEFRLU (more later).

      Barry

    • Harry ten Veen
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 7, 2011
        Hi Barry

        Thanks for sharing your pictures with us.
        You are right that this isn't a real tripoint but a triline-thing. Even the official sign has it wrong.
        See photos of my latest visit on 25th April 2010:
        which by the way was a trip along the border from martker #1 to #55.

        In your introduction on Flickr you say that the river is called Moselle. That must be Our.

        I look forward to see pictures of your other visits.
        I was at BEDENL on saturday 30th July 2011

        Groeten en suc6
        Harry ten Veen

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 15, 2011
          Hi Harry,

          I enjoyed looking at your collection of photos - of course you are right the river is the Our. I mixed the river tripoint combination. Thanks for the correction. BEFRLU, DEFRLU and ATITSI will be uploaded over the next few days.

          All the best.

          Barry

          To: borderpoint@yahoogroups.com