Re: Cyprus requests

  • kubana2005
    Message 1 of 35 , Sep 1, 2009
      Cyprus (Greek) - UN Buffer zone - TRNC border is not an official one. It works just as a ´´line of actual control´´, rather then international border.
      SBA´s boundaries are international though, even if they are not marked on maps.

      As for the Dhekelia Power Station, I think that we have discussed that the road divides Dhekelia Power station into a real enclave and a fragment (or an exclave that is not an enclave).

      Is it possible to visit 2 Cypriot enclaved villages in SBA Dhekelia?

      Alex

      --- In borderpoint@yahoogroups.com, "jesniel" <jesper@...> wrote:

      > I contacted UNFICYP and asked what was to if I wanted to go.
      >
      > They told me to write a short application and explain why I wanted to go.
      >
      > I applied as a member of International Border Research Group (that's us who have toured Europe to look at tripoints) and explained about the group and I was accepted.
      >
      > I was an outsider on the tour as all the others were military people or relatives to soldiers working for Unficyp.
      >
      > As I approached the gates at Ledra Palace the soldier took me for a stray tourist, but I stated my purpose and was asked to wait inside the bar at the Palace.
      >
      > After being picked up by the guide we were taken to a conference room for a breefing, before driving in a UN bus to the eastern end of the line within the old city.
      >
      > It's one of the highlights of my border experiences.
      >
      > Jesper
      >
      > --- In borderpoint@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Harding" <foresterw4@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Jesper
      > >
      > > can anyone go on the Green line tour? If so - how do you go about it?
      > >
      > > thanks in advance for information
      > >
      > > regards
      > >
      > > paul

    • jesniel
      Message 35 of 35 , Sep 7, 2009
        Great! Here are some ideas:

        1) The southern tps between CY-UK-UN. Should be easy to locate on Google Earth and almost drive-in.

        2) The western boundary of the border between CY-UK (eastern SBA) along the coast. There is a large monument on the beach. Is this a marker?

        3) The beach border between CY-UN

        4) Locate border marker at the Ormedeia enclave

        I will see if I can be more detailed later in the week.

        Jesper