RE: [borderpoint] Re: veké slemence on the SKUA border - monkeys in the background

  • Kevin Meynell
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 29, 2008
      >I am sure there is also he case of job creation and the external EU
      >border to consider but the reality was this was local border traffic
      >where Ukrainian businesses were going to benefit.

      That's the irony. It's often the countries that stand to gain most
      from tourism, that have the most border bureaucracy. Mostly it's
      completely unnecessary.

      Cheers,

      Kevin Meynell
    • Jesper Nielsen/Borderbase
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 2, 2008

        Read the comments below my photo at

        http://www.panoramio.com/photo/5575146

        Jesper

        --

        Borderbase - your online guide to international borders and tripoints

        http://www.nicolette.dk/borderbase

        From: lnadybal@bhutan. org
        Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:19:16 +0000

        It reminds me of the food packages that say "untouched by human
        hands". You think the process is fully automated, but the guys on the
        other end aren't.

        --- In borderpoint@ yahoogroups. com, Kevin Meynell <knm@...> wrote:

        > >I waited 40 minutes and about 1 person every 6 minutes was being
        processed.

        > I have to say that it's totally beyond me why it takes so long for
        > passport checks to be processed in some countries. This is even with
        > electronic scanning equipment, so there's not even the excuse that
        > details need to be entered by hand :-(
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Kevin Meynell

        Get Hotmail on your mobile from Vodafone Try it Now!

      • Barry Arnold
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 2, 2008
          I wish I had seen the border at this time too.

          To: borderpoint@yahoogroups.com

          To: borderpoint@ yahoogroups. com
          From: lnadybal@bhutan. org
          Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:19:16 +0000

          It reminds me of the food packages that say "untouched by human
          hands". You think the process is fully automated, but the guys on the
          other end aren't.

          --- In borderpoint@ yahoogroups. com, Kevin Meynell <knm@...> wrote:

          > >I waited 40 minutes and about 1 person every 6 minutes was being
          processed.

          > I have to say that it's totally beyond me why it takes so long for
          > passport checks to be processed in some countries. This is even with
          > electronic scanning equipment, so there's not even the excuse that
          > details need to be entered by hand :-(
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Kevin Meynell

          Get Hotmail on your mobile from Vodafone Try it Now!

          Try Facebook in Windows Live Messenger! Try it Now!