SV: [borderpoint] Re: Schengen citizenship? was: Videos from FINORU and FINOSE

  • michaelanazapela2000
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 31, 2008
      Out of curiosity, why does Finland (and I think Lithuania have
      followed suit?) have a restricted border zone with Russia? And more
      importantly, why is the permit only given to Finnish nationals?

      It seems strange in today's age to have a situation where people are
      actually restricted in approaching a border - especially considering
      that the West didn't control access to borders such as the
      German-German one.

      --- In borderpoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen/Borderbase"