Re: A suggest regarding the current heated discussion

  • Jan S. Krogh
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2008
      I have no intention to be rude, but which particular discussion(s) do
      you have in mind? The topic Marian and I are discussing? If so, is
      it other borders which also are out of bounds?

      Jan

      --- In borderpoint@yahoogroups.com, Doug Murray <doug@...> wrote:

      > May we suggest that the discussion regarding Israel be taken
      privately?

      > We hate to curtail discussion, but I think this is a good time to
      do that.

      > Doug & Jesper
      >
      > --
      > D o u g M u r r a y
      > sounds+images+words
      >
      > N o r t h A m e r i c a
      > Vancouver 1.604.728.1407
      > Seattle 1.206.333.0220
      >
      > Read my blog [since 2003]: roadspill.org

    • Marian Houk
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2008
        Here, I would like to second Jan's question.

        I have no intention to be rude, but which particular discussion(s) do
        you have in mind? The topic Marian and I are discussing? If so, is
        it other borders which also are out of bounds?

        Jan

        --- In borderpoint@ yahoogroups. com, Doug Murray <doug@...> wrote:

        > May we suggest that the discussion regarding Israel be taken
        privately?

        > We hate to curtail discussion, but I think this is a good time to
        do that.

        > Doug & Jesper
        >
        > --
        > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --
        > D o u g M u r r a y
        > sounds+images+ words
        >
        > N o r t h A m e r i c a
        > Vancouver 1.604.728.1407
        > Seattle 1.206.333.0220
        >
        > Read my blog [since 2003]: roadspill.org

      • Jesper Nielsen
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4, 2008
          Dear all

          Please forgive me for adding another non border related message.

          Borderpoint is open all border related issues (off course including
          Israel's), and we are just encouraging members to stay on topic.

          During the last day several active members have left the group. I
          find this surprising. This is nothing the group owners have anything
          to do with, and there must be something going on behind the scene.

          You membership is your own matter.

          So please understand if the mudd throwing is going on off list, this
          is not related to Borderpoint.

          Now back to border, boundaries and frontiers.

          Jesper

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 4, 2008
            As this message is an argument in favor of free discussion ,without censorship, of borders -- in this particular case, Israel's,and the Palestinian's -- this cannot be dismissed as an off-topic message.

            If there is something going on behind the scenes, it should perhaps be made public.
            I, for one, am unaware of anything like this, but I would like to know about it.

            But, unjustified efforts to stifle the discussions would certainly have encouraged that.

            Sorry, but I do object to the blanket assertion that any part of the discussion of
            Israel's borders etc. was off-topic, and/or the implication that all who engaged in the discussion were mud-slinging.  This is simply not true.

            What should have been stifled, perhaps -- and, yes, right from the start, were the accusations of anti-Semitism, and the cries about comments violating someone's
            "most deeply-held beliefs" or whatever.

            Free discussion of this topic should be encouraged.

            Please forgive me for adding another non border related message.

            Borderpoint is open all border related issues (off course including
            Israel's), and we are just encouraging members to stay on topic.

            During the last day several active members have left the group. I
            find this surprising. This is nothing the group owners have anything
            to do with, and there must be something going on behind the scene.

            You membership is your own matter.

            So please understand if the mudd throwing is going on off list, this
            is not related to Borderpoint.

            Now back to border, boundaries and frontiers.

            Jesper

            D--- In borderpoint@ yahoogroups. com, Doug Murray <doug@...> wrote:

            > May we suggest that the discussion regarding Israel be taken
            privately?

            > We hate to curtail discussion, but I think this is a good time to
            do that.

            > Doug & Jesper
            >
            > --
            > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --
            > D o u g M u r r a y
            > sounds+images+ words
            >
            > N o r t h A m e r i c a
            > Vancouver 1.604.728.1407
            > Seattle 1.206.333.0220
            >
            > Read my blog [since 2003]: roadspill.org

          • Lou
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 4, 2008

              Excellent commentary.

              Kind of " you can say what you want as long as I approve".

              Lou Marchuk