Re: [borderpoint] Norway-Israel, etc.

  • Marian Houk
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2008

      No, sorry, this thread is not a complete waste of time.

      I see that there is really very limited knowledge, even amongst
      the border experts on this list, of what is actually going on here.

      This is not surprising, given the very limited coverage -- and the
      very limited tolerance of free and open discussion.

      To start, for some resources, those interested could go to the websites
      if Ir Amim (http://www.ir-amim.org.il/eng/) and ARIJ The Applied Research Institute - Jerusalem which is now firmly locked bhind the Wall in Bethlehem (http://www.arij.org/).

      There is also the Arab Studies Society, which was evicted from the Orient House a couple
      of years ago, and is now located in a "Twilight Zone" between a miserable checkpoint
      and the as-yet-uncompleted Wall in an area of northern Jerusalem, whose website is partly at (http://www.lrcj.org/).

      And, there is always Peace Now - Israel, (http://www.peacenow.org.il/site/en/homepage.asp?pi=25), as well as
      the Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions (ICAHD)
      (http://www.icahd.org/eng/.), and
      Rabbis for Human Rights (http://rhr.israel.net/).

      And, there is more.

      But, perhaps some will say this is all anti-Semitic.
      And others will simply not want to know.