Latvian degree-line intersections and tripoints.

  • Brendan Whyte
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29, 2005
      http://www.vzd.gov.lv/index.php?s=6&sub=100
      the topmost photo is of the intersection of 24deg east and 57 deg north, in Latvia.

      Are any other meridian/parallel intersections offically marked by national governments?

      I also note that Latvia is producing 1:10,000 topograhpci maps of its boundary with
      Russia. http://www.vzd.gov.lv/index.php?s=6&sub=47 (scroll down to the 1:10,000 maps)
      Lovely for showing tripoints!

      Brendan
    • Harry ten Veen
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 30, 2009
        Hi Brendan,
        I'am not sure if these are governamental markers.
        But here are some German marked intersections:
        http://confluence.org/confluence.php?lat=52&lon=7
        http://confluence.org/confluence.php?visitid=3255

        I have the feeling that there should be more German markers, but I didn't
        check.

        Groeten en suc6
        Harry ten Veen
      • Harry ten Veen
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 30, 2009
          Sorry all

          I seem to have answered to a 2005 entry in BorderPoint.
          That’s a disadvantage when one uses a special folder for each year.
          Sorry

          Groeten en suc6
          Harry ten Veen
        • Peter Smaardijk
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 30, 2009
            No need to be sorry at all, as I got to see two very nice markers I would otherwise have missed.

            Groetjes

            Peter