Re: [borderpoint] Are DAITO islands the same that Senkaku/Diaoytai islands?

  • Ray Milefsky
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2008
      The Daito-shoto (shoto = islands) are east southeast of Okinawa, whereas the Senkaku-shoto are almost due west of Okinawa.

      On 4/29/08, fabiov <fabiov@...> wrote:

      Hello,
      Trying to get information about Daito islands that I supposed to be 3 Japanese islands in Ryu Kyu group, I read some information at:
      Due to my bad English I have not yet understood if DAITO islands are Japanese or they are the disputed islands with China: the so called "Diaoyutai" islands (Senkaku in Japanese).
      Somebody can help me?
      thanks Fabio v