Re: Various questions (deep breath)

  • L. A. Nadybal
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 23 8:04 PM
      Yes but,
      remember that Dutch New Guinea was not turned over directly to
      Indonesia. It was turned over to the United Nations, and like Kosovo
      today, was administered as an entity called "United Nations Temporary
      Executive Authority" (UNTEA) over "West Irian". Any Dutch claims
      would have gone over to the UN - and I'm sure the UN would't have
      turned over some dubious, disputed claim to Indonesia - it would have
      gotten rid of that bone of contention.

      For the philatelists among us, I posted an image of the UN stamps
      issued for its charge under files. To save space, I took down the
      UNMIK-Kosovo stamps - if anyone wants the picture of the Kosovo
      stamps, they can write me. I also posted in photos a picture of the
      UNMIK passport.

      Regards
      Len

      --- In borderpoint@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>