RE: [borderpoint] USA-Canada International Boundary Commission

  • Hugh Wallis
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2008
      Indeed - this story has been in the press somewhat here in Canada - probably more at the other end of the country from me though.

      I'm wondering why they included the Canadian National Anthem at around the 30 minute mark. :)

      From: anton_zeilinger@ hotmail.com
      Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 07:29:19 +0000

      NPR recently brought the story of the U.S. Commissioner on the
      International Boundary Commission who was sacked by the President in
      a dispute concerning his powers; with interviews and report on the
      commission's work - you can listen to it at:

      http://audio. thisamericanlife .org/player/ CPRadio_player. php?
      podcast=http://www.thisamer icanlife. org/xmlfeeds/ 353.xml&
      ;proxyloc=http://audio. thisamericanlife .org/player/ custompro
      xy.php

      or

      http://tinyurl. com/5af4q4

      It starts 6 minutes 18 seconds into the program.

      (Please be aware that the program is very critical of the U.S.
      government - not necessarily my view).

      Cheers,
      Anton

      A prize an hour, 24 hours a day. Try Big Snap now!