RE: [borderpoint] Mini Border expedition 2008

  • Barry Arnold
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7 6:35 AM
      Hugh,

      Thank you for the links I had read your Velke Slemence before and was going to use that as the basis for my visit. I am planning the PLSKUA from the SK side - 15km is OK as my other hobby is hillwalking!!!

      Looking at the maps of CZPLSK I think the CZ approach is the best for us. Really helpful map.

      Will let you know how I get on. Been in contact with Artur and theres a possibility we might meet at the PLSKUA tp with him coming from the PL side. That would be great.

      Barry

      To: borderpoint@yahoogroups.com
      From: hughwallis@...
      Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 08:42:21 -0400
      Subject: RE: [borderpoint] Mini Border expedition 2008

      Sounds great - a number of these are wet tripoints - I will leave it to others who have been to provide details of access.I think PLSKUA is a longish hike - maybe 15km - on the SK side although it might be more accessible from the PL side. CZPLSK is a beautiful place but has been developed since I was there so I would love to see new photos. I approached from CZ, probably equally approachable from PL but SK approach would be awkward or impossible I think (it would be through dense woods, possibly private land).

      Remember that Vel'ke Slemence is a foot crossing only and be sure to check the opening times.

      In case you are hunting for them here are my direct links for these places

      Cheers

      Hugh