A Theory of Enclaves

  • Evgeny Vinokurov
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2008
      Hi there,

      I would like to announce a new book published by Lexington Books three
      months ago, "A Theory of Enclaves". You can find the short description
      as well as Chs. 1 and 2 of the book at my website,
      www.vinokurov.info/enclaves.htm

      The book can be obtained at www.lexingtonbooks.com and www.amazon.com

      "A Theory of Enclaves" covers 282 enclaves, with a combined population
      total of approximately three million. Rather than viewing each enclave
      as a unique case, or even as an anomaly, A Theory of Enclaves provides
      a systematic investigation of enclave-related political and economic
      issues.

      Table of Contents: Why Study Enclaves? • What Are Enclaves and
      Exclaves? • Literature Review • Conceptual Framework: The
      Mainland-Enclave-Surrounding State Triangle • Emergence, Enclave's
      Sovereignty, and Disenclavement • Enclave Stories and Case Studies •
      The Problem of Access • The Mainland-Enclave-Surrounding State and
      Mainland-Enclave Relations • Economy of an Enclave: Case Studies •
      Economy of an Enclave: Challenges and Responses

      I would like to thank many people for the information they shared on
      the web and in correspondence, particularly Brendan Whyte, Jan Krogh,
      Rudi Longueville, Len Nadybal, Rolf Palmberg, Chris Schulz, and Peter
      Smaardijk.
    • d3vb0y@aol.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2008
              There are 83 libraries out there (in the U.S.) that list holdings for this book.  I just ordered a copy from a local library.  If you search it on http://www.worldcat.org/, you can use your zip code to find a library near you.  Even if it's an academic, many public libraries will often make a loan for you and have it delivered to you local branch.

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2008
            Consider downloading chs. 1 and 2 at www.vinokurov.info, totalling at
            more than 50 pages.
            Best,
            Evgeny

          • d3vb0y@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 2, 2008
              In a message dated 4/2/2008 4:34:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time, levinlen@... writes:
                There are 83 libraries out there (in the U.S.) that list holdings for this book.  I just ordered a copy from a local library.  If you search it on http://www.worldcat .org/, you can use your zip code to find a library near you.  Even if it's an academic, many public libraries will often make a loan for you and have it delivered to you local branch
              Thanks. Great ideas.

            • viettrade.net
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 3, 2008
                Thank You,
                Hoang Hoa

                The Legacy of The Republic of Viet Nam (Di sản Việt Nam Cộng Hoà) www.newsforce1.com or SaigonFilms www.saigonfilms.com sent you this email as a connection and exchange of the information, should you want to remove your email address from our email list, please let us know. Thanks.