Lowell McManus checking in

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2005
      This is the first opportunity that I've had to post in the aftermath of
      Hurricane Rita.

      I have returned from eight days in the Dark Ages. Crews borrowed from the Blue
      Ridge Electric Membership Corporation of Lenoir, North Carolina, have rebuilt my
      power line and restored my electricity as of this morning.

      I had no structural damage from the storm, just lots of trees down. None hit
      anything significant except the power line.

      Lowell G. McManus
      Leesville, Louisiana, USA
    • L. A. Nadybal
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2005
        Holy Cow, Lowell,
        I had no idea you were near the area. For some reason (or actually,
        without any reason), I placed your location far from the gulf, further
        west, more towards New Mexico, where bridges cross into Mexico, which
        wasn't hit. I guess the TEX MEX RR bridge piictures from long ago
        left me with that impression. Anyway, I'm glad you are back on line,
        no person injury... no major loss. Regards Len Nadybal

        --- In borderpoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"