8257Moving to a deserted island!

  • Phil Lacefield Jr.
    Mar 19, 2014
      Here's some news that should set your cartographic feelers all
      a-twitter! We are moving at the end of the month to Lummi Island, WA,
      which contains 800 full-time residents, a 2-room schoolhouse, a small
      post office and store, and not much else. A six-minute ferry ride gets
      us to the mainland, but since we both work at home, that won't happen
      very often.

      Lummi is the northernmost of the San Juan Islands, and sits just west
      of Bellingham. I believe, based on scanning many fine maps, that it is
      also the northernmost inhabited island in the Lower 48, which is
      pretty cool. We are also about 15 minutes from the border, via Peace
      Arch of Lynden or either of the other two, really. This should be a
      blast!

      At this point, I must ask your forgiveness for a bit of shameless
      self-promotion. We've set up a special shirt sale for just the
      occasion, link below. Please have a look, and by all means buy as many
      shirts as you like, but what we really need is the word spread far and
      wide, reposted and retweeted and all manner of other re-things. The
      more, the merrier!

      As soon as we're settled in, I'll report back on cool border stuff
      nearby. We can see Canada in many directions from our house! Not
      quite as cool as seeing Russia, but hey, I'll take it!

      Thanks - Phil

      http://wp.me/s4irL7-moving
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic