8237Re: [borderpoint] San Diego's New AAA Baseball Team

    Oct 24, 2013
      The San Ysidro portion of the City of San Diego is contiguous with the rest via a narrow strip of the city that runs through San Diego Bay between National City and Chula Vista on its east and Coronado on its west.  In  the San Ysidro area, the City of San Diego touches Mexico for roughly 10½ miles.  You can see this on the topographic maps at ACME Mapper ( http://mapper.acme.com/ ).

      Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:05 PM
      Subject: RE: [borderpoint] San Diego's New AAA Baseball Team

      David – I stand corrected.  I had to look it up.  Apparently San Ysidro is a non-contiguous part of the city of San Diego, so technically San Diego is a border town.  But San Ysidro is separated from the rest of the city by National City and Chula Vista, which are independent cities.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic