8231San Diego's New AAA Baseball Team

  • Chris Merlo
    Oct 23, 2013
      I'm writing because I just read this article about the name of the San Diego Padres' new AAA affiliate.  Here's the link: http://deadspin.com/el-pasos-minor-league-baseball-team-will-be-the-chihua-1450436512 but unless you're interested in baseball, and strangers' opinions of team names, this article probably doesn't interest you at all.

      But as soon as I read the headline, something occurred to me.  The Padres play in a city that borders Mexico, and now their new AAA affiliate will also.  There is probably not a single person in the Padres organization that had that thought, or decided "Our AAA team should be in a border town also", but I found it an interesting coincidence.  The only other baseball team in a border town, the Detroit Tigers, have their AAA affiliate in Toledo, Ohio.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic