new poll on anti-virus software

  • Theresa Shafer
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 19, 2010
      Have a recommendation --

      vote at http://www.bootstrappersbreakfast.com/best-of/

      --
      Theresa Shafer  www.skmurphy.com 408-252-9676
      SKMurphy, Inc. / San Jose, CA
      Early Customers & Early Revenue

    • Donna West
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 20, 2011

        This has been approved by the TPTB – I have a research question for an article about Silicon Valley :

        If new and/or traveling into Silicon Valley , what was the one most surprising thing you found about our region?

        Thank you everyone ~ I really appreciate this!

        Donna West

        DW Business Consulting

        http://www.dwbusinessconsulting.com/

        (408) 260-5802

      • Elizabeth Ainsworth
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 21, 2011
          I moved here from the UK 12 years ago and can give you a multitude of answers.  From what context are you researching - work, environment, social, cultural, ..... I have answers for these and many more contexts.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 21, 2011

            Good point Elizabeth, I was looking for answers at a glance as a region. Of the 4 you listed, which context surprised you the most with what?  And, then one surprise from each these contexts?

            May I take the rest off line with you?  Thank you!

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 21, 2011
              So when I moved here I was a professional educator who was not allowed to work because the visa that I came in on was my husbands L1 intercompany transfer.  The thing that actually surprised me the most was: the cultural differences between my perception of what the US ( and particularly this area) is like - as described by portrayals in the various TV series that were my only experience of the US, and what it is really like to live here.

              You can absolutely take this offline. What is the best way for us to contact each other?

              In Success and Abundance

              Liz

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 21, 2011
                Let me list two:

                1. When you make eye contact with a person and they would smile back.
                2. The fact that literally everybody in the computer technology field is located here, with just a few exceptions. I mean, I heard that before but didn't realize it was for real until I came here.

                --- In bootstrappersbreakfast@yahoogroups.com, "Donna West" <donnacwest@...> wrote:

                > This has been approved by the TPTB - I have a research question for an
                > article about Silicon Valley:
                >

                > If new and/or traveling into Silicon Valley, what was the one most
                > surprising thing you found about our region?
                >

                > Thank you everyone ~ I really appreciate this!
                >

                > Donna West
                >
                > DW Business Consulting
                >
                > http://www.dwbusinessconsulting.com/
                >
                > (408) 260-5802
                >

                > _____

              • magnemg
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 22, 2011

                  #1 The openness, and culture of sharing.

                  It really surprised me to learn how much competitors actually talk
                  together and share. Even the sheer amount of events, passionate
                  people sharing their knowledge, and people out there actively
                  networking was fascinating to me. Bootstrappers breakfast is a
                  good example of such an event I was fortunate enough to experience.

                  I lived in Mountain View for three months this summer, and worked for
                  a startup downtown SF. I also got to attended a lot of startup-and social media
                  related events. Now, I'm finishing my MSc. CS studies in Trondheim,
                  Norway.

                  Best,
                  Magne Matre Gåsland