RE: [boost] Rational precision issues

  • Paul A. Bristow
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 18, 2002
      I think we can only find if the overflow problem is a serious practical
      problem
      but letting people try it - they HAVE been warned!

      Paul

      PS Nobody has responded to my query if the compiler can be
      persuaded to insert checks (see CSR?) and do something on overflow.
      All hardware can do something, if believe, but somehowC++ code (at least
      portable code)
      never uses this. Is this something Boost can help with?