Where Do You Buy Books?

  • jbautog@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5 6:15 PM
             Just idle curiosity here, but where do most of you buy  books -- online, or in regular brick & mortar bookstores? Big chains like Barnes & Noble and Borders, or in the small indie bookstores with the personal touch? Do you browse or go in knowing exactly what you want before you buy it? Like I said, just idle curiosity.
            JohnB.
            "What;s Wrong With Dorfman?" Currently available nationwide.
            Read Chapter One at: www.WhatsWrongWithDorfman.com

    • ~J. Wolf~
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5 6:33 PM
        Hey all,

        Well, I buy or get books in a variety of places. I buy my gay fiction/other at an independant store called After Stonewall.. that store kicks, and I've known the owner for years....I get my regular books at Chapters, (aaah! A Big Box Chain!!!! NOOOO!!!) but mostly I shop at Book Market, a second hand bookstore...but that's been less and less lately as the staff there suck.  :) I hate ordering books off line; I love to go into bookstores and wander around...sometimes I know what I'm buying before I go in (especially if I'm going with my partner Aaron, cus he hates bookstores) but other times I'll wander around aimlessly (like with my friend Dar). :)

        Wolf
        --
        Editor
        Wolf's Picks: Opinions of an Avid Reader

        jbautog@... wrote:

                Just idle curiosity here, but where do most of you buy  books -- online, or in regular brick & mortar bookstores? Big chains like Barnes & Noble and Borders, or in the small indie bookstores with the personal touch? Do you browse or go in knowing exactly what you want before you buy it? Like I said, just idle curiosity.
              JohnB.
              "What;s Wrong With Dorfman?" Currently available nationwide.

        --
        The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits. ~~~ Albert Einstein

      • Arvin P. Atal
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5 7:29 PM
          usually buy my books in hole-in-the-wall bookstores that i come across on the
          way to school. this places sometimes sell secondhand books, even hard to find
          contemporary titles, and classics at outrageously small prices!
          take care!

          Quoting jbautog@...:

          Just idle curiosity here, but where do most of you buy  books --
          online, or in regular brick & mortar bookstores? Big chains like Barnes &
          Noble
          and Borders, or in the small indie bookstores with the personal touch? Do you

          browse or go in knowing exactly what you want before you buy it? Like I said,

          just idle curiosity.
                JohnB.
                "What;s Wrong With Dorfman?" Currently available nationwide.
                Read Chapter One at: www.WhatsWrongWithDorfman.com

          --
          "...rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces
          perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not