Expect More Spam

  • jbautog@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2003
        According to a recent articles, now that telemarketers have been restricted by the government's very successful Do Not Call campaign, expect more spam and more junk mail. Whoopdeedoo. Just what we need -- more spam. Hell, I already get about 20 penis enlargement, breast enlargement and Nigerian financial scam spams per day.
            Happy 4th to all.
            John Blumenthal
            Author, "What's Wrong With Dorfman?"
            Coming August 2003 from St. Martin's Press

    • sebbio maduke
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 5, 2003
        Mr. Blumenthal,

        I am a veteran grade 5 teacher, from Massachusetts,
        and I have recently completed my first novel, which is
        45,000 words and written for young readers. I have
        written four drafts and am currently working on the
        cover letter and book synopsis that I plan to send to
        literary agencies. As a published author, I thought
        you might have some advice to help me accomplish my
        goal of getting the novel published.

        Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

        Roger Whittlesey

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • jbautog@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 5, 2003

               Hi Roger.
                   Make sure your cover letter is snappy and intriguing. Keep it brief. Only send it to reputable agents who don't ask for upfront fees. Be patient if they take months to respond. It's become
          quite difficult to get agents nowadays, so you have to do your best to hook them. Youbprobably know all this already, but there's no magic formula. In spite of numerous credits, I tried changing agents some time ago and was unsuccessful.

                Good luck to you.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 21, 2003
            John,

            I just got back from vacation on Cape Cod, so I was
            unable to respond to your e-mail until now. Thanks for
            your advice on getting an agent. I have written what I
            believe is an economical and intriguing cover letter,
            and I plan to send it out this week. I have done some
            research and have chosen several literary agencies
            that I believe are reputable (they do not charge
            reading fees). I'll soon see if anyone is interested.

            Highest Regards,

            Roger Whittlesey