A little Braggadocio

  • jbautog@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2000
      Hi gang. Had to share this with you. Publisher's Weekly just gave my novel
      "What's
      Wrong With Dorfman?" an amazing review (Sept 25th edition.) Some quotes:.

      "...a frequently hilarious and touching novel...Blumenthal succeeds here at
      something very difficult: he creates smart, funny characters, who actually
      sound smart and funny...But Blumenthal's real feat is the sneaky, unexpected
      way he adds depth to Dorfman's hypochondriacal plight, distracting the reader
      with one-liners until it suddenly becomes clear that this is, in fact, a very
      serious book...The book is a poignant and finely crafted exploration of the
      legacies and burdens passed down from parents to children."

      In addition, Inscriptions Magazine gave it 3.5 stars out of 4!

      Yoiks! Now what?

      John Blumenthal