Re: Welcome to bookworm@onelist.com

  • Kenny Love
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 24, 1999
      Hello, Moderator, Everyone. Thanks for having me on the list. I'm
      looking forward to it.
      - Kenny Love
      Author of "Millennium Eve"
      mailto:millennium@...
      http://www.etwebs.net/kennyl/homepage.html
      http://www.houstoncounty.com/mill-eve/

      bookworm-owner@onelist.com wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > Welcome to the bookworm list. This list is a discussion of books,
      >
      > writing, critiques and reading lists. Please take a moment to review
      >
      > this message.
      >
      > To unsubscribe from this list, go to the ONElist web site, at
      >
      > www.onelist.com, and select the User Info link from the menu bar
      >
      > on the left. This menu will also let you change your subscription
      >
      > between digest and normal mode.
      >
      > Please keep all posts on topic. If you fail to do so, you will be
      >
      > unsubscribed from the list.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > cassandra
    • barbara
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 24, 1999
        Welcome Kenny,

        I see in your signature you state you are the author of "Millennium Eve".
        It has a very interesting title..can you tell us a little about yourself
        and how you got to publish a book. Also maybe a little about what the book
        is about??

        Thanks and welcome,
        Barbara

        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 25, 1999
          Hi, Barbara...thanks for having me on your list. Well, the way I began
          writing is I happen to also be a recording artist. I released a single WAAAAY
          back in '90, then decided I wanted to explore some of the other avenues of the
          music industry, just to learn what went on business-wise.

          One of the avenues was writing regular music columns for music magazines and
          it has just come to this point. I wrote several music business references
          prior to becoming interested in the idea of writing fiction. Actually, I was
          afraid to try initially and attempted to have other established writers write
          the premise, but was unsuccessful.
          So, I simply jumped in the water, so to speak.

          "Millennium Eve" is, I believe, a unique subject matter that addresses
          thinking/feeling science technology that is now being explored in secret to a
          great degree. Scientists have now achieved what some deem to be a really
          scary thing...that is developing computer technology to the point to where
          they can actually make human-like decisions.

          My novel goes a bit further and pre-supposes that we have now become so hungry
          for new technological developments, that these new "thinking/feeling"
          computers, are now becoming our masters, while we are fast becoming their
          servants.

          Without prolonging this, anyone interested in learning in detail about the
          reality of this underground science movement, along with how my novel ties in
          to it, can simply send a request to: mailto:millennium@.... I
          believe their eyes will be rudely awakened like never before. Thank you very
          much.

          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 25, 1999
            >From: Kenny Love <kennyl@...>
            >
            >Hi, Barbara...thanks for having me on your list. Well, the way I began
            >writing is I happen to also be a recording artist. I released a single
            WAAAAY
            >back in '90, then decided I wanted to explore some of the other avenues of
            the
            >music industry, just to learn what went on business-wise.

            Now I am curious...what was the name of this single??

            Also is your book available in bookstores? I find computers very
            interesting and they are turning into valuable means of learning,
            communication etc which will only increse in the future. They are here to
            stay and if one does not adapt to them they will be left far behind in
            future technology.

            -Barbara
          • Kenny Love
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 25, 1999
              Barbara, one of the songs on the single was, "Just Want To Dance (With You),"
              which was a ballad, and "All Of My Love." They received airplay nationwide,
              however, it was a means to an end. The means was attempting, at the time, to
              obtain a recording contract. I couldn't hold out financially long enough for
              the record companies to decide to take on the record and, subsequently, lost
              it.

              The novel is just now starting to gain ground...I suppose, in great part due to
              the closer we arrive toward the end of the century. Ingram is carrying it,
              Amazon.com also. It is in some stores, but not most. That will, most likely,
              change very soon due to the fact that numerous college newspaper editors have
              recently requested review copies and it goes into being proactively advertising
              within the college market this week. I learned several years ago from a major
              book distributor that the College market is the prime market for Sci-Fi.

              barbara wrote:

              > From: barbara <barbara@...>
              >
              > >From: Kenny Love <kennyl@...>
              > >
              > >Hi, Barbara...thanks for having me on your list. Well, the way I began
              > >writing is I happen to also be a recording artist. I released a single
              > WAAAAY
              > >back in '90, then decided I wanted to explore some of the other avenues of
              > the
              > >music industry, just to learn what went on business-wise.
              >
              > Now I am curious...what was the name of this single??
              >
              > Also is your book available in bookstores? I find computers very
              > interesting and they are turning into valuable means of learning,
              > communication etc which will only increse in the future. They are here to
              > stay and if one does not adapt to them they will be left far behind in
              > future technology.
              >
              > -Barbara

            • Kenny Love
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 25, 1999
                LOL Barbara, it's really hard to tell because I've done several television
                interviews, numerous radio & print interviews. In fact, it's gotten so out of
                hand, I've begun
                to lose track myself. PLUS, there is also supposed to be a "Millennium Eve"
                soundtrack coming out on the book! But, someone else is handling that,
                thankfully. LOL Thanks.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 5, 1999
                    Hi, my name is Lynda and I live in Austin, Texas. I love books - am very
                    obsessed about finding time to read each day. I wake up at 5:30 every week
                    day morning so that I can have an hour to read before I start my day; I also
                    read during my lunch break.
                    I am currently reading "The Mammy" by Brendan O'Carroll. It concerns a poor
                    Irish family during the 1960's. The book is reminescent of "Angela's Ashes."
                    I look forward to seeing what the rest of you are reading. Lynda
                  • megan frith
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 5, 1999
                      Hi Lynda.
                      I've been on the list for a long time now and there hasn't been much
                      activity the last several months. Maybe we can change that.
                      Right now I'm reading "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil." I'm
                      enjoying a peek at a completely foreign part of the country (I live in
                      Seattle; the book is about Savannah, GA) and a change from what I usually
                      read. I never got into the hype about the book that I remember happening a
                      couple years ago--isn't there a movie, too? I'm also reading "The Truth in
                      Rented Rooms," a collection of poetry by Seattle local Koon Woon, and
                      "Poemcrazy," a book about making poetry happen. I was about to get out some
                      papers and magazines to start cutting out words to paste on cards like a
                      crazy poetry tarot deck or expanded magnetic poetry kit but decided to check
                      my e-mail first. :) Also, I just finished reading "The Island of the Day
                      Before" by Umberto Eco a few days ago. I'm also about to start "The Life of
                      Elizabeth I" by Alison Weir. I was inspired to order it after seeing the
                      movie "Elizabeth."
                      Did you like "Angela's Ashes?" I have that one waiting on the shelf for me,
                      but it might have to wait a couple books before I can start it. How is "The
                      Mammy?" What else do you like to read?
                      Megan

                    • SnowLynn@xxx.xxx
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 6, 1999
                        In a message dated 6/5/1999 10:23:32 PM Central Daylight Time,
                        marymeg@... writes:

                        << Did you like "Angela's Ashes?" I have that one waiting on the shelf for
                        me,
                        but it might have to wait a couple books before I can start it. How is "The
                        Mammy?" What else do you like to read? >>

                        Hi, Megan. I read Angela's Ashes and it was wonderful; you will not be able
                        to put the book down. It is about an impoverished family in Ireland, told
                        from the viewpoint of the older son. The Mammy is also about an impoverished
                        Irish family but it is much light-hearted than Ashes. I was laughing
                        throughout most of this book. I enjoy reading mostly fiction and true crime.
                        On occasion, I will read a biography, but usually those dealing with movie
                        stars. Lynda