Hello

  • Alison Dickman
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 14, 1998
      Hi. My name is Alison. I just subscribed to this list. I was
      wondering what everyone else was reading? Right now I am reading Beach
      Music by Pat Conroy. It's my first time reading Conroy and although I
      have not read that much yet, I am thoroughly enjoying it. His prose is
      very descriptive and often times poetic. The complicated characters can
      be hard to keep track of, but they all seem to be full of motivation and
      a deep history. They all seem very real to me.
      The last few books I read were The American Woman In The Chinese Hat,
      by Carole Maso and Surfacing by Margaret Atwood. Maso writes in a
      stream of consciousness, layering images and words in a melodic way. I
      previously read another of her book's, AVA, which is an even further
      evolution of this style. I would recommend both to anyone who likes
      something a little different, more emotion, less narrative. If any of
      you have read any of these books, I would love to hear your comments.
      Looking forward to discussing these books and more with you.
      --Alison
    • midnightmelody37@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 13, 2003
        Hello everyone, I'm a newbie and wanted to say hi! I'm an avid reader of classics, romance, mysteries (mostly set during the Victoria era, and/or involving the Scotland Yard), thrillers (but not too much gore), science books (which are pretty much the only nonfiction I ever read), and bits and pieces of interesting read...I enjoy books by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Bram Stoker (Dracula is my all-time favorite spooky read), Anne Perry, Honore Balzac, Alex Dumas, Edith Wharton, Frances Burnett, H. G. Wells, Barbara Michaels, and many more. I'm not up-to-date with contemporary titles. I depend on audio books and free ebooks online, so I can't receive the latest titles. Does anyone know a good site where you can read free contemporary titles in English? All the free ebooks sites I know of are mostly on classics. Thanks and I look forward to get to know you. :) You can learn more about me on my site. (You can learn why I read ebooks/audio tapes rather than physical books).

        Shirley
        My site: http://www.expage.com/midnightmelody37
        *VOTE FOR ME PLEASE*
        http://www.donardpublishing.com/endlist03.html
        I am #6: Fiery Passion (myth)
        If you wish to vote for me after reading all the stories, please e-mail
        story06@... to vote for me