micromouse

  • aries_butterfly84
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 29 1:23 AM
      hi i'm a new member and my name is rina currently i'm doing my final
      project. My robot is ready and now i need to program the robot. I'm
      using micro C as a language and using crystal clock 20mhz. my
      microcontroller is PICF877A and my sensor is IR (IS 471F)

      1)My first problem is the robot cannot move straight in a line. So on
      the maze when it moves straight it keeps heading to the left wall.
      What can i do?

      2)how to program the sensor?.. Actually I am an IT student and i don't
      have knowledge in sensors

      thank you
    • kishore_jaganathan
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 29 5:11 AM
        to make the bot move strt, use PWM,
        and u cant program a sensor..u only connect its output to the input of
        microcontroller--- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com,
        "aries_butterfly84" <aries_butterfly84@...> wrote:

        > hi i'm a new member and my name is rina currently i'm doing my final
        > project. My robot is ready and now i need to program the robot. I'm
        > using micro C as a language and using crystal clock 20mhz. my
        > microcontroller is PICF877A and my sensor is IR (IS 471F)
        >
        > 1)My first problem is the robot cannot move straight in a line. So on
        > the maze when it moves straight it keeps heading to the left wall.
        > What can i do?
        >
        > 2)how to program the sensor?.. Actually I am an IT student and i don't
        > have knowledge in sensors
        >
        > thank you

      • yamanoor sairam
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 29 6:39 PM
          I think PWM could be used only if we are using DC motors. Am I right? Is it advisable to go for DC motor? Actually stepper motors are more advantageous na?

          Sai

          kishore_jaganathan <kishore_jaganathan@...> wrote:
          to make the bot move strt, use PWM,
          and u cant program a sensor..u only connect its output to the input of
          microcontroller- -- In booksbybibin@ yahoogroups. com,
          "aries_butterfly84" <aries_butterfly84@ ...> wrote:

          > hi i'm a new member and my name is rina currently i'm doing my final
          > project. My robot is ready and now i need to program the robot. I'm
          > using micro C as a language and using crystal clock 20mhz. my
          > microcontroller is PICF877A and my sensor is IR (IS 471F)
          >
          > 1)My first problem is the robot cannot move straight in a line. So on
          > the maze when it moves straight it keeps heading to the left wall.
          > What can i do?
          >
          > 2)how to program the sensor?.. Actually I am an IT student and i don't
          > have knowledge in sensors
          >
          > thank you

          Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

        • kishore_jaganathan
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 30 7:57 AM
            --- In booksbybibYES.... IT IS COST EFFECTIVE
            BUT........in@yahoogroups.com, yamanoor sairam <yamanoorsai@...> wrote:

            > I think PWM could be used only if we are using DC motors. Am I
            right? Is it advisable to go for DC motor? Actually stepper motors are
            more advantageous na?

            > Sai
            >
            > kishore_jaganathan <kishore_jaganathan@...> wrote:
            > to make the bot move strt, use PWM,
            > and u cant program a sensor..u only connect its output to the input of
            > microcontroller--- In booksbybibin@yahoogroups.com,
            > "aries_butterfly84" <aries_butterfly84@> wrote:
            > >
            > > hi i'm a new member and my name is rina currently i'm doing my final
            > > project. My robot is ready and now i need to program the robot. I'm
            > > using micro C as a language and using crystal clock 20mhz. my
            > > microcontroller is PICF877A and my sensor is IR (IS 471F)
            > >
            > > 1)My first problem is the robot cannot move straight in a line. So on
            > > the maze when it moves straight it keeps heading to the left wall.
            > > What can i do?
            > >
            > > 2)how to program the sensor?.. Actually I am an IT student and i don't
            > > have knowledge in sensors
            > >
            > > thank you
            > >

            > ---------------------------------
            > Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
            > Check out fitting gifts for grads at Yahoo! Search.

          • ahmeda_whab
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 26, 2007
              <aries_butterfly84@...> wrote:

              > hi i'm a new member and my name is rina currently i'm doing my
              final
              > project. My robot is ready and now i need to program the robot. I'm
              > using micro C as a language and using crystal clock 20mhz. my
              > microcontroller is PICF877A and my sensor is IR (IS 471F)
              >
              > 1)My first problem is the robot cannot move straight in a line. So
              on
              > the maze when it moves straight it keeps heading to the left wall.
              > What can i do?
              >
              > 2)how to program the sensor?.. Actually I am an IT student and i
              don't
              > have knowledge in sensors
              >
              > thank you

              I am Ahmed Abdulwhhab
              I progrma PIC using MIKROC as a tool
              my current project is to switch sensor on when a person has a space
              between my circut nearly 15 cm
              i use two sensors
              the first IR TX and IR RX which is used in serial interace (1838) at
              38 KHZ which is used in Remote control
              the second sensor
              is the IR as a transmitter and the receiver is PhotoDiode

              I found after some experiments that the corroect IR Tx can be done
              by 555 as timer (R1=100 ohm , R2=10K as varible resistence and
              C=10nf)

              if you want to chat with me send me an SMS on Mobile +20102986151
              and i will chat you at yahoo messenger

              hav a nice day
            • aries_butterfly84
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 28, 2007
                Hai my name is rina

                I have make a programming in mikroC..so that the sensor will detect the
                wall and it's works. but my problem is how to assigned a value to each
                of the cell of the maze and how to make the robot know the size of each
                cell..

                i'm using DC motor, PIC16F788A, ir sensor
                thank you